• 4-CD Set: Calm Down! A Self-Help Program for Managing Anxiety - Michael Yapko Ph.D. www.yapko.com
• The Fear Book : Facing Fear Once and for All - Cheri Huber
• Anxiety and Stress: Effective Solutions for Nervous Tension, Emotional Distress, Anxiety & Pain - Susan Lark, M.D.
• The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook - Edmund J. Bourne
• Beyond Anxiety and Phobia: A Step-by-Step Guide to Lifetime Recovery - Edmund J. Bourne
• Midwest Center for Stress & Anxiety - Resources & Tapes
• 4-CD Set: Focusing on Feeling Good: A Skill-Building Experiential Self-Management Program for Overcoming Depression - Michael Yapko Ph.D.www.yapko.com
• Breaking the Patterns o f Depression - Michael Yapko Ph.D.
• Hand-Me-Down Blues: How to Stop Depression From Spreading In Families - Michael Yapko Ph.D.
• Depression Is Contagious: How the Most Common Mood Disorder Is Spreading Around the World and How to Stop It Michael Yapko Ph.D.
• Sacred Sorrows: Embracing and Transforming Depression – Edited by John Nelson, M.D. and Andrea Nelson, Psy.D.
• The Depression Book: Depression as an Opportunity for Spiritual Growth - Cheri Huber
• Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy (The Clinically Proven Drug-Free Treatment for Depression) - David D. Burns
• The Depression Workbook: A Guide for Living with Depression and Manic Depression - Mary Ellen Copeland, Matthew McKay
• Living Without Depression and Manic Depression: A Workbook for Maintaining Mood Stability - Mary Ellen Copeland
• An Unquiet Mind: A Memoir of Moods and Madness - Kay Redfield Jamison (Manic Depressive Illness)
• Touched with Fire: Manic-Depressive Illness and the Artistic Temperament - Redfield Jamison
• Darkness Visible: A Memoir of Madness - William Styron
• I Dont Want to Talk About It: Overcoming the Secret Legacy of Male Depression - Terrence Real, Ph.D.
• There Is Nothing Wrong with You : Going Beyond Self-Hate - Cheri Huber
• Suffering Is Optional : Three Keys to Freedom and Joy - Cheri Huber
• The Places that Scare You : A Guide to Fearlessness in Difficult Times - Pema Chodron
• When Things Fall Apart : Heart Advice for Difficult Times - Pema Chodron
• Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness - Jon Kabat-Zinn
• The Relaxation & Stress Reduction Workbook - Martha Davis
• Relax and Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times - Judith Lasater Ph.D., P.T.
Relaxation CDs & Tapes
Abundant Well Being Series
with Nischala Joy Devi
(CDs & Tapes: Deep Relaxation; Dynamic Stillness; Sojourn to Healing; Relax, Move, & Heal)
Mindfulness Meditation Practice CD’s & Tapes
with Jon Kabat-Zinn
• Series One: Body Scan Meditation, Mindful Yoga, Sitting Meditation
• Series Two: Sitting Meditations, Lying Down Meditations
• Series Three: Breathscape, Soundscape, Choiceless Awareness, Heartscape
To order: Stress Reduction Tapes, P.O. Box 547, Lexington, MA 02173
Balancing Brain Chemistry
Change Your Brain, Change Your Life: The Breakthrough Program for Conquering Anxiety, Depression, Obsessiveness, Anger, and Impulsiveness
~ Daniel G. Amen M.D.
Magnificent Mind at Any Age: Natural Ways to Unleash Your Brain's Maximum Potential
~ Daniel G. Amen M.D.
The Mood Cure: The 4 Step Program to Rebalance Your Emotional Chemistry and Rediscover Your Natural Sense of Well-Being
~ Julia Ross
The Diet Cure: The 8 Step Program To Rebalance Your Body Chemistry and End Food Cravings, Weight Problems and Mood Swings-NOW!
~ Julia Ross
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction programs are designed for people who are experiencing the signs of stress in daily life and who want to achieve more balance. The programs also complement the medical management of illness, chronic pain, and stress-related disorders. Training in mindfulness meditation; gentle movement such as yoga, qigong, and walking meditation; and group support are explored. The curriculum is designed to promote healthy living, renewal, and stress management for those who yearn for more balance in day-to-day life.
Center for Mindfulness
at the University of Massachusetts Medical School
Awareness and Relaxation Training:
Local mindfulness programs offered in hospitals in Mountain View, San Jose, Santa Cruz, and Monterey.
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
Bob Stahl, MFT
« Back to Resources