Hospice and palliative care services for patients and their caregivers needing care and support during the final stages of life. Our team of compassionate and expertly trained professionals is dedicated to promoting wellness at the end of life, as well as preventing and treating distressing symptoms or conditions that might otherwise threaten the quality of life for patients and families. We strive to provide quality services that are sensitive to the values, interests, capabilities and needs of those we serve, wherever they may be located - in their own home or in a long-term care facility. Services include: Grief and Loss Counseling, Palliative Care Consultation Program, AIDS Case Management Program, and other hospice services.
Hospice by the Bay
Marin County: (415) 927-2273
San Francisco & Northern San Mateo Counties: (415) 626-5900
Sonoma County: (707) 935-7504
Visit the local Hospice program in your area, or support programs through your local hospital.
Living/Dying Project, Fairfax, CA
The Living/Dying Project offers spiritual support for persons facing life-threatening illness and for those who care for them, as well as educational services.
Our Programs are offered in Marin County and our client
services are free of charge.
• The Grace in Dying : How We Are Transformed Spiritually as We Die – Kathleen Dowling Singh
• How To Go On Living When Someone You Love Dies -
• The Courage to Grieve: The Classic Guide to Creative Living, Recovery, and Growth through Grief - Judy
• Tear Soup, Pat Schweibert (a most beautiful and sweet "children's" book for adults to support grieving)
• Who Dies?: An Investigation of Conscious Living and Conscious Dying, A Year to Live: How to Live This Year as If It Were Your Last - Steven Levine
• The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying - Sogyal Rinpoche
• How We Die: Reflections of Life's Final Chapter - Sherwin Nuland
• Dying Well - Ira Byock M.D.
• Healing into Life and Death – Stephen Levine
• Final Gifts: Understanding the Special Awareness, Needs, and Communications o f the Dying - Maggie Callanan and Patricia Kelly
• On Death and Dying - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
• The Needs of the Dying: A Guide for Bringing Hope, Comfort, and Love to Life's Final Chapter - David Kessler
• On Grief and Grieving: Finding the Meaning of Grief Through the Five Stages of Loss - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
• On Life After Death - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross and Caroline Myss
• The Hospice Handbook: A Complete Guide - Larry Beresford, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
• Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson - Mitch Albom
• Sleeping, Dreaming, and Dying – And Exploration of Consciousness – His Holiness The Dalai Lama
• When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times – Pema Chödron
• The Places that Scare You: A Guide to Fearlessness in Difficult Times – Pema Chödron
• Healing After the Suicide of a Loved One -
Ann Smolin and John Guinan
• Silent Grief : Living in the Wake of Suicide -
Christopher Lukas and Henry Seiden
• Healing from Trauma: A Survivor's Guide to Understanding Your Symptoms and Reclaiming Your Life -
Tapes & CDs
• Being a Compassionate Companion: Teachings, Stories and Practical Wisdom for Those Accompanying Someone Who is Dying (3 Tape Audio Series)
– Frank Ostaseski, Founder, Zen Hospice Project
To Order: Zen Hospice Project (415) 863-2910
• Graceful Passages: A Companion for Living and Dying (2 CD set and booklet)
– Michael Stillwater, Gary Remal Malkin, Sam Keen
Order: www.amazon.com, or www.gracefulpassages.com