• Sex Matters for Women: A Complete Guide to Taking Care of Your Sexual Self -Sallie Foley, Sally Kope - Dennis Sugrue
• Menopause, Naturally: Preparing for the Second Half of Life - Sadja Greenwood, MD
• The Sex-Starved Wife: What To Do When He's Lost Desire, by Michele Weiner-Davis, M.S.W.
• A Woman’s Best Medicine: Health, Happiness, and Long Life through Ayurveda - Nancy Lonsdord, MD
• For Yourself: The Fulfillment of Female Sexuality - Lonnie Barbach, Ph.D.
• Imagine a Woman in Love with Herself: Embracing Your Wisdom and Wholeness
- Patricia Lynn Reilly
• Courage to Heal: A Guide for Women Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse - Ellen Bass & Laura Davis
• The Survivor’s Guide to Sex: How to Have an Empoweredp Sex Life After Childhood Sexual Abuse - Staci Haines
• Sexual Health for Men: The Complete Guide - Richard Spark, MD
• Sex: A Man’s Guide - Stefan Bechtel, and the editors of Men’s Health books
• Victims No Longer: Men Recovering from Incest and Other Sexual Child Abuse - Mike Lew
• Allies in Healing: When the Person You Love Was Sexually Abused as a Child (A support book for partners) - Laura Davis
• I Don't Want to Talk About It: Overcoming the Secret Legacy of Male Depression - Terry Real
• Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love - Sue Johnson
• Making Love: Sexual Love the Divine Way - Barry Long
• The Sex-Starved Marriage, by Michele Weiner-Davis, M.S.W.
• How Can I Get Through To You? Reconnecting Men & Empowering Women - Terry Real (www.themeadows.org)
Michele Weiner-Davis, M.S.W.
Books and CD/DVDs:
• The Divorce Remedy
• The Sex-Starved Marriage
• Divorce Busting
Workshops, coaching, books and CD/DVDs:
• Sexual Healing: Transforming the Sacred Wound - an audio tape by Peter Levine Ph.D., author of Healing Trauma and It Won't Hurt Forever
American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists
Information and local referrals for Marriage and Family Therapists, Psychologists, social workers, physicians, allied health professionals, clergy members, lawyers, sociologists, family planning specialists and researchers, who share an interest in promoting understanding of human sexuality and healthy sexual behavior.
Resources for Sexual Addiction and Partners
For the addict:
You will likely get some useful feedback by taking the SAST (Sex Addiction Screening Test) and/or the I-SAST (Internet Sex Addiction Screening Test). You'll find both of these on the sites below, along with many good books and articles; just click around a bit.
Books & Articles:
• Out of the Shadows: Understanding Sexual Addiction - Patrick Carnes Ph.D. (www.themeadows.org)
The Porn Trap by Wendy Maltz
The Recovery Start Kit by Pat Carnes... BUT this is typically done with the help and guidance of a therapist.
• Don't Call It Love: Recovery From Sexual Addiction - Patrick Carnes, Ph.D. (www.themeadows.org)
• In the Shadows of the Net: Breaking Free of Compulsive Online Sexual Behavior - Patrick Carnes Ph.D. (www.themeadows.org)
A good article on how pornography has changed in last 40 years into a product capable of causing serious psychological, sexual, and relationship problems: http://www.psychotherapynetworker.org/magazine/currentissue/694-out-of-the-shadow.
Interesting article on brain neurochemistry, “I Didn't Sin—It Was My Brain” from Discover Magazine: http://discovermagazine.com/2009/sep/05-i-didn.t-sin-it-was-my-brain
In addition to the above, I highly recommend attending a 12-step meeting for sex addiction. Here's a bit of information on the 3 I'd recommend exploring...
SAA: www.saa-recovery.org: from their on-line posting: "Sex Addicts Anonymous - A fellowship of men and women recovering from addictive sexual behavior (physical and/or emotional)."
SA: www.sa.org: from their website: "Sexaholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength, and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop lusting and become sexually sober. There are no dues or fees for SA membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions."
SLAA: www.slaafws.org. This is another good program, but can have more women than the other 2, as it addresses "love addiction" as well as just sex. That said, it is a great program.
For the partner:
These same sites have information for both the "addict" and the "partner;" just click around a bit for "partner" info...
12-step groups for you, Jane:
COSA: www.cosa-recovery.org -- Their website has some good information, pamphlets, and resources.
S-anon: www.sanon.org -- Their site also has some great resources.
Mending a Shattered Heart: A Guide for Partners of Sex Addicts – edited by Stefanie Carnes, PhD
The Sexual Healing Journey by Wendy Maltz
Beginning to Heal and The Courage to Heal by Ellen Bass and Laura Davis
Escape From Intimacy by Anne Wilson Schaef
Good book for partners to read together...
...but not necessarily right away, only at a future time, after you've (preferably both) attended 12-step meetings for awhile, and truly entered into recovery around this addiction:
Hold Me Tight by Susan Johnson"
•The Art of Everyday Ecstasy: The Seven Tantric Keys for Bringing Passion, Spirit, and Joy Into Every Part of Your Life
Publications by Margot Anand
• The Art of Sexual Ecstasy: The Path of Sacred Sexuality for Western Lovers
• The Art of Sexual Magic
Companion Audio-Tape Set:
• The Art of Sexual Magic: Cultivating Sexual Energy to Transform Your Life
• Sexual Ecstasy: The Art of Orgasm
Companion Videos by Margot Anand
• Secret Deys to the Ultimate Love Life - 3 DVD Set
The following two videos won an award for excellence in education by the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors, and Therapists:
• The Multi-Orgasmic Response Ecstasy Training: for Women & Their Lovers
• The Multi-Orgasmic Response Ecstasy Training: for Men & Their Lovers
Other Books on Sacred Sexuality
•The Multi-Orgasmic Man - Mantak Chia & Douglas Abrams
• The Multi-Orgasmic Couple - Mantak Chia, Maneewan Chia, Douglas Abrams, Rachel Carlton Abrams, MD
•Tantric Quest - Daniel Odier
• Desire: The Tantric Path to Awakening - Daniel Odier
•Book of Secrets - Osho
•The Tantra Experience - Osho
•Tantric Transformation - Osho
Sacred Sexuality Teachings:
Ethical Standards & Guidelines
In 2002 Marilynne Chöphel consulted with SkyDancing Tantra regarding curriculum development for teacher training, and researched and co-wrote with Margot Anand the SkyDancing Tantra Ethical Standards & Guidelines to preserve and uphold the highest level of integrity for teaching and practice.
Margot Anand, Founder
The Institute for Ecstatic Living
Steve & Lokita Carter, Founders
Bodhi Avinasha, Founder
Universal Tao Center
Mantak Chia, Founder
Carlo Pati and Sohini Genevieve, Founders
« Back to Top of Page